RAVeL is a network of trails built specially for cyclists, walkers, people with reduced mobility and horse riders. It mostly uses towpaths and old railways and byroads which have been repurposed. RAVeL is our equivalent of what our neighbours refer to as greenways.
There are five lines crossing Walloon Brabant:
line 141 between Nivelles and Genappe (8,2 km).
line 142/RAVeL 2 between Mariembourg and Hoegaarden, via Ramillies and Jodoigne.
line 147 runs from Perwez to Lincent in the neighbouring region, via Ramillies and Orp-Jauche (26 km).
RAVeL 3 runs along the canal between Brussels and Charleroi, going through Tubize.
line 917 is an old line linking the municipalities of Wavre and Waterloo.
Lines 142 and 147 are both rustic and wooded. They offer views over fields as far as the eye can see.
For more information: ravel.wallonie.be
Rando-Vélo is a network of medium- and long-distance cycle touring routes in Wallonia.
The Rando-Vélo (RV) routes are interconnected to the Lange-afstand Fietsroutes (‘LF’) in Flanders, the German long-distance routes and the French VéloroutesVoiesVertes.
Six routes run across Walloon Brabant:
- RV 1 from Brussels to Chimay.
- RV 2 from Hoegaarden to Bouillon via Jodoigne.
- RV 4 Ouest from Brussels to Liège via Jodoigne, Grez-Doiceau et Mélin.
- RV 6 from Lille à Wiltz via Genappe and Villers-la-Ville.
- RV 10 from Brussels to Namur via Wavre and Louvain-la-Neuve.
- RVU from Leuven to Gembloux via Grez-Doiceau and Louvain-la-Neuve.